Saturday, April 16, 2011

Checking my mail for the first time in months

On the right, in my about me, you will find an email address. When I made that blog specific email account, I was not expecting to ever hear any feedback. I mostly just get feedback on my Facebook or my friends when I see them (thank you all for reading). So I never check it. I mostly use it to send myself blog topic ideas. And, as you can tell by my recent drought of quality, I haven't even used it for that lately. So imagine my surprise a week ago when I found I got a few emails from actual people.

So many Nigerian princes offering me money.

There was a lot of spam. After accumulating for months My spam folder was overflowing with penis pills and urgent requests. I never knew there were so many people in need and all requesting some money from me. Don't they know I'm a college kid? I don't have this money. Hidden between the fraud was some actual emails from people that wanted to talk to me. I was honored. Even though they didn't really amount to much.

One was from a women doing a final research project on Tim Burton, his popularity and the debate over him selling out or not. I'd like to take the time to apologize to her for not getting to her survey in time. She sent it to me more than a month ago and I doubt she needs me anymore. It was nice to hear from her though.

I do love talking about how much Tim Burton sucks.

Another email was from a band, The Boxing Lesson. Now, I know nothing about them but they were kind enough to send me a press release. God knows how many people they sent the press release to but I figure I might as well give them a plug. They are, after all, the first people to send me a release. So as a show of thanks here is the video for their song Three. I'm not sure how I feel about it though. If you like people that wear cat masks then this might be for you.



The third email I got was the one I was the most excited about. Back in October I wrote about my childhood crush on Alanna Ubach. Growing up, she was in a lot of the movies and shows I watched. She was different and funny and I think that's why I liked her so much. She had a personality and an energy that nobody else had. Then again, I was eight years old, so what did I know about girls? She was also in the Legally Blonde films. Anyway, she used to be cute when I was little. Now, watching her on the television show Hung, she's pretty damn hot. And she must be the nicest person ever because somehow she found the blog I wrote about her and emailed me.

She's awesome.

Now, I'm not totally naive. I know that it could not be her. Probably somebody just messing with me. But even if that's the case, it still means somebody cares enough about my blog to mess with me. And if it really is her, that's amazing. It's an awesome form of validation to have someone that I wrote about actually email me and tell me how much they liked the post. This blog doesn't seem like such a big waste of time anymore. So thank you readers and thank you, Alanna Ubach. If anyone wants to contact me just email me at firstsignsoftrouble@yahoo.com. I promise I'll try and check it more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment