Tuesday, July 27, 2010

How to be an adequate IPod DJ: Part One

Music is important to everything.

Life needs a soundtrack. This is a theory that I hold very dear to my heart. For any moment there is at least one song out there that compliments it. Now this may just be my personal justification for leaving my IPod on impolitely when around friends. However, there is a grain of truth in this excuse.


Music helps fill in the missing parts of life. This cannot be proven easier than any party you have ever been to. It’s just not the same when there is no music playing. Without music it’s just a group of people (with a guy to girl ratio of 7:1) standing around a crowded room drinking beer. With music it’s a party and with a strobe light it’s an awesome party.



Cause everything is more fun when it looks slo-mo and has the possibility of giving you a seizure.


Now I’m not saying that when my friends and I hang out to drink it's a party (that would be giving them too much credit). The same rules apply though. Music both creates the tempo of the party and feeds off it. In the hands of a right DJ the party can be elevated from good to great and from great to awesome.

Now I am not saying that I have any influence over how awesome a party can be, but I would like to delude myself into thinking so for a moment.

It started out because I was the only person with a readily available IPod but it wasn’t long before I elected myself the designated IPod DJ for my friends. It is with this experience that I devised a set of rules to ensure anyone can become an excellent IPod DJ.


Don't expect to be on this dude's level though.


The life of an IPod DJ is an exciting one full of fame and fortune. The rock star lifestyle of drugs, women and alcohol can take a toll on a lesser man (or woman, no reason to be sexist). It takes something special to call oneself a real IPod DJ. Any fool can just hit shuffle and leave it be. Stay tuned next post for my important commandments that will ensure you won't ruin the gathering and will impress people with your IPod badassery.


Click here for Part 2.


No comments:

Post a Comment