Monday, July 19, 2010

Blog Preamble

I feel like the last person on Earth who doesn’t have a blog. I swore I would never be THAT guy. I swore that I don’t need one, that I was too good for it.

Yeah right.

So I finally crumbled. Here it is; my blog. I want to promise that I will update it religiously but I also promised myself I would jump rope religiously this summer. I think it’s fair to say that doing things religiously isn’t my thing. But now it’s time to take the plunge. The big question though is, what shall I write about? The answer is the only thing I know truly well, the only thing I can have a worthwhile debate in, my favorite Trivial Pursuit category and my hobby (if you can call it that): Pop Culture.

Pop culture is really a catch all term for anything I want to write about to be honest. A bit of a copout I know but I hope to make it worth your while because it’s something I truly know. I can confidently say that I am probably the most knowledgeable person pop culture wise in the room. This may sound conceited but I promise you it is the only conceited thing I care to admit of and for good reason. I’ve only ever been beaten in Scene It? once, and they cheated.

But that’s not important. What’s important is that I am here to entertain you and hopefully hit you with some knowledge. All you people who may be friends of mine or any poor soul that may have ended up here by accidentally clicking around; I will try my best to be your guide to life, the universe and everything.

-Don Woods

P.S. Apologizes for the passive voice, it is a habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment