Sunday, May 8, 2011

First Signs needs writers (that aren't me)

I'll be the first to admit I'm not the smartest person. While yes, those that know me may have heard the phrase "I know everything" leave my mouth, I really don't know everything. As Socrates once said, "True knowledge is knowing that you know nothing."

Even though I know it's wrong, I can't help but pronounce his name the Bill and Ted way.

You, dear reader, may know more about a subject then I do. Maybe I don't properly discuss a subject, maybe you don't agree with me or maybe I don't discuss what you want to hear at all. When I started this blog I wanted to have an outlet for my favorite rants. Why not share the love to those I love to rant with? While yes, part of me wants people to do the writing for me, another part of me wants to vary the voice up on this blog. Yes, it is my blog and I am the dominate voice but that doesn't mean I can't diversify it. Give you something else to read besides my personal style.

And whatever style I rip off of.

So if you are reading this, do yourself a favor. Whether I have personally sent this to you or if you stumble upon it yourself, I want to hear your rants. I want special guests blogs every week, on top of my two a week. Write what you know. Write what you want to share. Write the blog post that you have always wanted to read. Because, I promise you, whatever you want to discuss there is someone out there that feels the same way and wants to read a similar opinion. Give those people the Google search that you've always wanted to find. And most of all, say something new. There's no point writing about the same thing everyone else is.

And I want the increase in page views...

So send me your blog posts. Send it to my email or my Facebook, if you know me on there. There are two rules:

1. I get final edit (It's my blog so that's a given. I'm a copy editor and I'm fair).
2. You have to help pimp out the blog (at the very least link your blog post on your Facebook).

So, if you're interested, hit me up. If you prefer, send it to my blog email at firstsignsoftrouble@yahoo.com. Just type like you're ranting to a friend.
-Don Woods
Blogger-extraordinaire

p.s. You don't even have to use the same Cracked-model I use. I just prefer it because I like writing captions.

I find captions to be my strong-suite

No comments:

Post a Comment